Spectacular 4 bedroom Cape Cod Style home perfectly nestled on a nearly 3.5 acre lot. This one-of-a-kind rural gem has so much to offer – featuring a versatile ‘barnshop’ with an oversized double car garage, 2 multi-functional spaces, loft area & elevator; chicken coop, fishpond, separate fully fenced side yard, vegetable gardens & grapevines, wooded area with walking/ATV trails & more! Bright and spacious floor plan designed for entertaining with open concept kitchen and dining room, entertainment sized family room, formal living room and full bathroom on the main level. Convenient side door entrance to large mudroom and laundry room. The second level boasts four generously sized bedrooms, additional storage space and a 5-piece bathroom with soaker tub. Primary retreat offers ample closet space and its own 2-piece ensuite. Many updates include: furnace 2016, most windows 2017, septic 2008, central vac 2020, garage door 2019 – Front door and eavestroughing to be replaced October 2021. Come discover country living at its finest!
- The house was constructed with the intent that someone standing near the bottom of the stairs could see outside in all four directions.
- All exterior walls were fitted with sheets of plywood behind the drywall, so that wall hangings could easily be mounted anywhere in the house.
- The house door bell is connected to a sensor beam between the front driveway pillars to notify of vehicles entering the driveway.
- There are less than 60 homes on the 6km of Concession 10-11 road.
- The lama farm on the west side used to have over 300 lama and produced wool. They now have less than 20 lamas and are winding the operation down.
- The old railway path near the property has been converted into a recreation trail that circles the town. Plans for a connecting walking bridge to cross the South Nation river are in place.
- Several maple trees are tapped on the property each Spring. The sap is boiled in large metal pots suspended over the fire pit. The trees have produced approximately 8L of pure maple syrup each year.
- Chickens, ducks, geese, quail, pheasants, cats, dogs, pigs and goats have been raised on the property over the years.
- The entire rear of the property is fenced with page wire and chicken wire on the lower half. This fencing has contained all of the livestock raised, as well as kept out predators. Five gates allow walking and driving access to and from the back area.
- The chain-link fenced area immediately behind the house is 500sq feet of gated space for a multitude of uses.
- The sump pump is backed up by a secondary battery operated pump and is contained in a concrete pit that is 32” x 48” x 48”. The sump pump sends water into the back yard where it is absorbed by a man-made aquifer that extends all the way over to the garden area and into a rocky pit.
- Grapes, raspberries, plums, strawberries, red currants, cherries, apples, walnuts and beechnuts grow throughout the property. Wild trilliums and lily-of-the-valley grow throughout the woods.
- The house has a whole-house water filter system with Iron/Sulphur remover, water softener and U/V sterilization systems. There is a pre-filter and a secondary filter in front of the U/V light. U/V was installed when the well was not maintained – prior to purchasing. Although not required, it is still functional and the bulbs replaced annually. Water filters are replaced every 6 months. Sulphur and iron elimination tank is replaced every 5-6 years on average – tank was replaced in 2020.
- Internet service is DSL from Bell. Downloads speed is 10mb/s. There are currently two Internet lines coming into the home to accommodate working from home.
- Electric service comes in at the shop where it splits into two 200 AMP services: one in the house and one ion the shop. All circuits are breaker-protected and all wiring is copper. A direct connect service was added to the hydro meter in 2009 for connecting a generator.
- New hot tub in 2015. Replaced pumps and electrical panels in 2020.
- Pellet stove installed in 2010 (WETT certificate available) to provide heat to entire home. Re-furnished in 2017.
- New propane stove installed in the family room in 2009.
- New wood/coal burning stove installed in the shop in 2012.
- New propane tanks installed in 2015 and owned by Stinson.
- Fish pond has been operational since 2009 with fish in it in all seasons. Pump replaced in 2021.
- Front door & eavestroughing to be replaced October 2021.
- Additional updates include: furnace 2016, most windows and patio door 2017, hot water tank 2014, well pump 2012, central vac 2020, septic 2008, garage door 2019.
For more information or to book your private showing, contact us here.
Room Levels and Dimensions
|Foyer||Main Level||10'5" x 9'5"||Living Room||Main Level||13'5" x 10'3"|
|Dining Room||Main Level||12' x 12'||Kitchen||Main Level||13' x 12'|
|Family Room||Main Level||26' x 14'10"||3pc Bathroom||Main Level||9'5" x 8'|
|Mudroom||Main Level||13'10" x 10'||Laundry Room||Main Level||14' x 10'|
|Primary Bedroom||Second Level||17'10" x 13'10"||2pc Ensuite||Second Level|
|Bedroom 2||Second Level||11'2" x 10'8"||Bedroom 3||Second Level||12'9" x 10'8"|
|Bedroom 4||Second Level||11'6" x 11'||5pc Bathroom||Second Level||11'11" x 10'8'|